Subscribe

Friday, May 30, 2008

streamyx test run...

since i used streamyx, i was on the 512kbps/128kbps package. and recently i took the change to venture a bit and asked around what else can i upgrade to, since i cancel my maxis 3G broadband. it's been dwelling in my mind until i spoke to a tm distributor Jancy yesterday. With some checking, i can't subscribe to the 2mbps package which looks to be the most attractive package that is worth the price, but sadly, after checking, it's not supported and provided to my household.

the jancy told me even if i upgrade to the 1mbps, i would get around 1.3-1.5mbps minimum, unless my copper is so bad..i get 900kbps-1mbps, but he asked if my downstream is fix at what? which i reply it being at 2048kbps. what he suggested is to get a 1mbps account to test it out..which i did. thanks to johnny who borrowed me his account for testing. this is what's projected and what i got

package 512kbps download 60-65KBps = 480kbps
package 1mbps download 150-200KBps= 1.6mbps

therefore, my success of this test shows that it's worth my wild to upgrade from my 512 to 1mpbs. muahahahaa...faster downloading from now on...

1 comment:

Naoko said...

Give it...

2 months. :D