Subscribe

Saturday, March 14, 2009

2 weeks into my new job

well, this is the question most people would ask when you jump over to a new company, how's your job?

All i could say is that i got to hit the ground running on the first day. Attended my first sales meeting aat 10am when i stepped into my new office. Did not have the luxury of even build up the relationship with my chair, i had to have fun in the meeting room. After sales meeting, two different principle came n has their product briefing, looking that i did not have my laptop as it has not been delivered, it fit the day's schedule nicely.

Then on the 2nd day, my boss is urging me to call my clients that is on the list that he gave me. But i did not manage to as i did not have the confident yet to setup any appointment for such meet up yet. So i dig into those product sheets and started to do my reading. That went on for a few days where i picked up my bread and butter.

With my laptop coming along later on, which is a Dell studio 14.1" lappie, well this little bugger is packed with performance as it comes with a free upgrade to 3 gig of RAM. Was thinking of my boss would give me a Dell mini, that din happen..muahahahaha. They got me a black unit, which they lied saying mine is going to be a pink one, i am okay with pink actually, a bit macho also right having a pink lappie..lmao. (i lied, phew it is black)

2nd week was a packed schedule due to the vendor of the product (Imperva)that i am incharge with, came down from SG to provide Technical Training and Sales training. Alvin is APEC sales director, which me and Sam has made plans for this visit for 3 days to visit. Well, anyone of you guys would have guess what i have been doing then. Despide all the tiring trip driving around in KL and PJ, i had a great time learning and sharing with Alvin with the product, his experience and his teaching.

2 weeks has passed and i'm more clear of my focus on the job. I might use another week to pick up the other product that i'm incharge with. Soon, i'll be out hunting.

Need loads of leads, will come cold calling all of ya. :p

No comments: